What is Personal Training?
Personal training is a result-driven exercise program designed specifically for you. Certified personal trainers will assist you in goal setting, tailored workouts, equipment use, motivation techniques, and exercise adherence! Let our Personal Trainers assist you in feeling better, moving better, and in gaining more energy to enhance your quality of life. Fitness assessments are also available and can be purchased independently or together with personal training sessions.
Who is it for?
- Individuals of any age (18 and older) or fitness level
- You must be a current UNI student, faculty/staff, retiree or immediate family member
- People who need programs tailored toward their specific needs and goals
- Individuals who desire accountability, positive feedback, and motivation
How do I get started?
For information please contact Dana Foster at (319) 273-5859.
Potential clients can select from several packages to accomplish their health and fitness goals.
Personal Training Services
Recreation Services offer an excellent Personal Training program that allows participants to work one-on-one with a Personal Trainer. Our Personal Trainers focus on education, motivation, and exercise adherence to assist clientele in enjoying the lifelong benefits of regular physical activity.
Personal Training Services Include:
- Pre-training information meeting to discuss individual goals and other important health information
- Customized exercise programs to combine your personal health and fitness goals
- Regular meetings with a Personal Trainer in a one-on-one environment
- Opportunity to independently continue your exercise program after completion
- A variety of packages to choose from that best fit your individual needs
Individual Packages Available
Group Packages Available
Have a friend or spouse that you would like to workout with? UNI personal training now offers small group training with group sizes ranging from 2-4 participants. Get the hands on coaching of our certified personal trainers at a reduced rate with small group training!
Certified Personal Trainers
All Personal Trainers have passed an eight week intensive program based through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) national certification program. Training includes theory and practical evaluations with an 80% pass requirement. Many student personal trainers are currently majoring in the field of movement and exercise science.
If there is an accommodation you need in order to participate in a RS program or activity, please contact WRC 101 at (319) 273-6275