Personal Training Course Information
Recreation Services (RS) is offering a personal training instructor course.
This instructor course is offered to students who are interested in becoming a personal trainer at the Wellness and Recreation Center. What an awesome way to gain work experience!
This ten-week, intensive class covers exercise physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, hands-on practical training, exercise programming, motivation, and coaching techniques. Must commit to two semesters after completing the training program to personal train at UNI Recreation Services.
Dates and Registration
- Informational Meeting: Wednesday Sept. 6th, 3:00pm in WRC 250
- Class Begins: Monday Sept. 11th, 3:00pm, WRC 250
- Training: Sept. 11th – Nov. 17th
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:00pm – 4:00pm | WRC 250
- Fridays, 3:00pm - 4:30pm | WRC 250
- Fee: $120
- Section: 8
- Proof of current CPR Pro, AED and First Aid certifications.
- Required attendance (both lecture and lab days) is 9 out of the 10 weeks of the course.
- Passing grades on weekly quizzes and both written and practical exams.
- Two-semester time commitment upon completion on the course.
- Passing grade is 80% or higher.
- Maximum enrollment of 25 UNI students
Open to the Public
Prep Course the ACE National Certification now open to the public. No commitment to work at UNI Recreation Services.
- Informational Meeting: Wednesday Sept. 6th, 4:00pm - 5:00pm in WRC 250
- Fee: $150
For more Information
Contact the Program Coordinator, Dana Foster at (319) 273-5859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is an accommodation you need in order to participate in a Recreation Services program or activity, please contact WRC 101 at (319) 273-6275.