Recreation Services (RS) invites you to join students, faculty, and staff in use of facilities and participation in certain programs and services offered by RS. If there are any questions regarding Alumni Services, please call us at 319-273-6275.
I. UNI Alumni are eligible to pay the RS user fee for access to the Wellness/Recreation Center and Health Beat (in Maucker Union). UNI alumni may purchase one day passes, a five day-pass punch card, or pay the annual fee. Amenities provided for paid users include the following:
- Climbing Wall
- Fitness Areas including free weights (includes Health Beat in Maucker Union)
- Lap and Leisure Pools and spa
- Racquetball Courts
- Family access, at a nominal fee, for spouse and tax dependents during WRC Family Hours (when accompanied by the paid user)
For an additional fee, the following services may also be purchased:
II. UNI Alumni may register for the following programs and services:
- Fitness/Leisure Classes
- Masters Swim Club
- Outdoor Recreation trips, equipment rental, and clinics
- Paddling Panthers Youth Swim Lesson Program
- Red Cross Certification Classes
- Intramural Sports
III. UNI Alumni may rent portions of the WRC for family, corporate, or other special events:
- Facility Rentals, such as the popular leisure pool and climbing wall
Additional Important Information regarding UNI Alumni Services:
- A UNI ID card is required for most of the services above. Ask the RS office about this when requesting information about various services. If alumni do not still have their UNI ID card, one may be purchased.
- If parking on campus, but not parking in a WRC metered lot, a parking sticker must be purchased through the Public Safety Office. All parking stickers are valid in any parking lot after 4:00 pm, with no restrictions. Be advised that having a parking sticker doesn’t guarantee a parking spot. Contingent on WRC, UNI-Dome, and McLeod Center events, parking may be limited at times.